The shape and size of the breasts prior to surgery determines the type of surgery and the size of the prosthesis to be placed to achieve a satisfactory end result for the physician and patient. You will be able to speak personally with your doctor to reach an agreement regarding your expectations with this procedure and your doctor will give you a realistic projection of what can be achieved.
BREAST ANATOMIC ANALYSIS
It is important to assess if there is skin flaccidity, amount of subcutaneous cellular tissue or fat and mammary gland under the skin the size of the areola-nipple complex, the exact measurements of the chest wall and its skeletal arrangement. Once all these parameters have been evaluated, Dr. Piletti decides which prosthesis to place and which are the most suitable according to the patient’s requirements.
The size is determined in the pre-surgical consultation using testers under a bra, looking for a balance between chest and hips and according to the height of the patient. With breast augmentation we can also achieve symmetry between unequal breasts.
Breast prostheses are basically classified according to the area of approach.
- Periareolar way around the areola) through a semicircular wound is very comfortable and gives very good visibility of the entire anatomy. you can make a small wound and through this use prostheses of any volume.
- Via submamaria is located in the submammary fold and is of choice in very small areolas
- Transaxillary way with a small wound in one of the axial folds, the he-rid is completely hidden and can be assisted with endoscopy or not.
Basically the position of the prosthesis can be in front of or behind the pectoralis major muscle. Dr Piletti will always place the prosthesis behind the muscle. Occasionally full coverage will be achieved and in others it will be on a dual plane, this depends on the anatomy of the muscle itself.
The retromuscular position offers greater support and adherence to the pocket of the prosthesis, besides being the muscle an organ that protects the implant, due to its great contribution of blood flow that carries cells of the defense and contribution of antibiotics.
TYPE OF PROTESIS TO USE
Of all the variety of prostheses that you can search on the internet, Dr. Piletti prefers the highly cohesive silicone gel (Gummy Beard) with a fine microtexturized surface. These prostheses provide the greatest safety and time of use of the same in the body.
The shape of the prosthesis will depend on the morphology of your thorax, your muscles and the aesthetic expectations you desire. According to this, round or anatomical breasts can be used, and finally, the profile that goes from moderate to extra high and defines projected or full breasts will be chosen. All this will be decided in your pre-surgical consultation. In terms of brands there are a number of reliable brands Mentor, Allergan, Politech and Nagor.
TECHNICAL DETAILS OF THE PROCEDURE
- Local or local anesthesia with sedation.
- The duration goes from 1 to 2 hours.
- Done on an outpatient basis
- Your recovery and reintegration to work is practically immediate.
- In the postoperative period it is necessary to wear a chin strap for one month intermittently
- The most important thing is that in this procedure THERE IS NO INJURY